Sam serves as lead pastor of West Bradenton Baptist Church. He is also the president of Rainer Research, and he is the co-founder/co-owner of Rainer Publishing. His desire is to provide answers for better church health. Sam is author of the book, Obstacles in the Established Church, and the co-author of the book, Essential Church. He is an editorial advisor/contributor at Church Executive magazine. He has also served as a consulting editor at Outreach magazine. He has written over 150 articles on church health for numerous publications, and he is a frequent conference speaker. Before submitting to the call of ministry, Sam worked in a procurement consulting role for Fortune 1000 companies.
Sam holds a B.S. in Finance and Marketing from the University of South Carolina, an M.A. in Missiology from Southern Seminary, and a Ph.D. in Leadership Studies at Dallas Baptist University.
About this Blog
This blog began in 2006 as a place to discuss answers for better church health. The primary focus is leadership and established churches. My goal is to give church leaders practical insights from research and leadership theories in a way that relates to the everyday church most people attend.
Top Posts at SamRainer.com
- Ten Questions for Formulating a Discipleship Process
- Keeping College Students in Church
- Avoiding the Awkward Wedding Question
- Restoring Integrity to Membership: My Church’s Story
- Three Myths about Church Dropouts
- 10 Bad Church Work Habits
- Signs of a Struggling Local Church
- The Future for the Suburban Church: Poorer, Denser, Grayer, and More Diverse
- Lean Church Staff
- 10 Things to Know about Leading Young Adults
- How to Do a Baby Dedication